Welcome Back!August 20, 2019
August 16, 2019
Dear Brown Families,
It has been a wonderful summer here at the Brown. Mr. Throwe and I hope your summer has been filled with sunshine, wonder, and fun! We hope the break was refreshing and you are ready for a great school year, because we certainly are! Mr. Throwe and I have been working hard to prepare for the new school year and are ready for another amazing year together!
Our custodians have been working hard to make our school as clean as possible and ready for you and the staff! Our greatest appreciation and thanks is extended to Mr. DelSonno, Mr. Kotchian, and Mr. Cassista.
Below is some important information to help you plan for your return to school:
- The first day of school for students in grades 1-5 is Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- Kindergarten screening will be held on Tuesday, 9/3/2019, Wednesday, 9/4/19, and Thursday, 9/5/19. Kindergarten will have an Open House on Friday, September 6, 2019 and the first full day of school for Kindergarten students is on Monday, September 9, 2019.
- School begins at 8:50 AM. Prompt arrival and attendance is of the utmost importance for a positive and successful learning experience. Students should be lined up on the side of the school nearest the ice cream stand at 8:50 AM. The first ten minutes of the day are extremely important for your child’s daily success. Please ensure your child’s prompt arrival to school each day.
- Students are dismissed at 2:55 PM. Please make arrangements to have your child picked up at this time. Make sure that you have given the school ALL important telephone numbers.
- Bus Routes will be posted in the local papers prior to the start of school. Bus Routes are also available on the district’s website at www.peabody.k12.ma.us. You may also contact the transportation department at 978-536-6581 with any additional questions.
- Check your email for Brown’s electronic newsletter, The Brown School Broadcast. This newsletter will be sent out weekly to families. If you would like to receive the weekly edition of The Brown School Broadcast, please send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Brown Back-to-School Orientation Night will be held on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 from 6:00-8:00 PM. Additional information about the opening of school is posted on the district’s website at www.peabody.k12.ma.us.
- Brown School will continue to offer the afterschool program FKO (For Kids Only). This is a fee based after school program for students in grades K-5. Application packets will be available at the Brown School Office or you may download a registration form online at www.fkoafterschool.org. For more information please call 978-740-5437.
- Students have a choice of buying a school lunch at a reasonable cost or bringing lunch from home. If bringing from home, lunch boxes/bags should be clearly marked with your child’s name and teacher’s name. All money should be sent in a sealed envelope marked with your child’s full name and homeroom, or you can pay online through myschoolbucks.com. It is also recommended that you provide your child with a nutritious morning snack, which will be eaten in the classroom.
- Please note there have been Changes in lunch prices
- Breakfast $1.35(Reduced $0.30)
- Lunch $3.35 (Reduced $0.40)
- Enclosed please find information on general procedures such as arrival, dismissal, directions on where to line up and information regarding the traffic pattern. Kindly take a moment to familiarize yourself with these documents prior to the start of the school year.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school at any time at 978-536-4100 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. The staff, Mr. Throwe, and I look forward to an amazing school year. Enjoy the remaining days of summer!
Mrs. King Mr. Throwe
Principal Assistant Principal
Categorized in: Brown Elementary