MISSION STATEMENT & EXPECTATIONS
The Peabody Veterans Memorial High School athletic program strives to provide a comprehensive, safe, and effective interscholastic athletic program based upon the needs of potential participants. With a focus on team spirit and cooperation, the program affords athletes various opportunities to improve upon the tenets of good citizenship, good sportsmanship, and physical health.
PVMHS Athletics provides the opportunity for our student athletes to:
- make a commitment to their school and community.
- develop cooperative and caring relationships.
- embrace the importance of academic achievement.
- increase their sense of self-respect while gaining a greater appreciation for human difference.
Game Day Procedures for Spectators
- State guidelines for events limits spectators to 50 people. We will allow 2 people per athlete at a home event. Away spectators will not be allowed at home games.
- Gates will be open 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the game. No one is allowed into the game prior to the gates being open.
- To ensure safety of players and officials, spectators will not be allowed to stand along the fences on the school side of the Turf field.
- All spectators must sign in with the staff member before entering the game.
- Spectators must wear masks at all times while attending the event.
- There will be no selling of concessions, fan gear or anything else during games.
- For Games on the Grass field, spectators must remain behind the painted line to ensure safety of players and officials.
- At the end of the game spectators must leave the stadium area immediately. Parents/Guardian please wait for your Student-Athlete in the parking lot.