MISSION STATEMENT & EXPECTATIONS
The Peabody Veterans Memorial High School athletic program strives to provide a comprehensive, safe, and effective interscholastic athletic program based upon the needs of potential participants. With a focus on team spirit and cooperation, the program affords athletes various opportunities to improve upon the tenets of good citizenship, good sportsmanship, and physical health.
PVMHS Athletics provides the opportunity for our student athletes to:
- make a commitment to their school and community.
- develop cooperative and caring relationships.
- embrace the importance of academic achievement.
- increase their sense of self-respect while gaining a greater appreciation for human difference.
Winter Sports Tryouts
- JV and V Boys 2:30-4:30 @ PVMHS
- JV and V Girls 6-8@ PVMHS
- Gymnastics 3:30-5:30 @ PVMHS Balcony
- Fresh Girls 3:30-5 @ Higgins
- Fresh Boys 6-7:30 @ Higgins
- Boys Hockey 2/14 2:15 @ McVann-O’keefe Rink
- Girls Hockey 12/15 at 3:15 @ McVann-O’keefe Rink
I hope everyone in Tanner Nation is staying safe and healthy. Sign up for winter sports will take place on FamilyID until November 28th. Please visit familyid.com to register for your winter sport. A valid physical is needed to participate in high school sports. Physicals should be emailed to the Athletic Trainer Sarah Wardlaw email@example.com or drop off the physical at the Athletic Office located 3rd Floor A House. Specific questions about your season should be asked directly to the coach. Below is an email contact for the head coaches for each Winter sport.
Boys Basketball: Coach Broughton firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Basketball: Coach McKeen email@example.com
Boys and Girls Indoor Track: Coach Braz firstname.lastname@example.org
Swimming and Diving: Coach Shea: email@example.com
Gymnastics: Coach Mentzer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Hockey: Coach Roache: email@example.com
Boys Hockey: Coach Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basketball Cheer: Coach Carnevale: email@example.com
Hockey Cheer: TBD Please email Mr Bua with specific questions
Wrestling: TBA Please email Mr Bua with specific questions
I am looking forward to the upcoming season. Go Tanners!!!!
Director of Athletics
Fall 1 Sports Update
Game Day Procedures for Spectators
- State guidelines for events limits spectators to 50 people. We will allow 2 people per athlete at a home event. Away spectators will not be allowed at home games.
- Gates will be open 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the game. No one is allowed into the game prior to the gates being open.
- To ensure safety of players and officials, spectators will not be allowed to stand along the fences on the school side of the Turf field.
- All spectators must sign in with the staff member before entering the game.
- Spectators must wear masks at all times while attending the event.
- There will be no selling of concessions, fan gear or anything else during games.
- For Games on the Grass field, spectators must remain behind the painted line to ensure safety of players and officials.
- At the end of the game spectators must leave the stadium area immediately. Parents/Guardian please wait for your Student-Athlete in the parking lot.