Public Records Request
In accordance with the amended state public records law, Chapter 121 of the Acts of 2016, the Peabody Public School District has designated:
Marjorie A. Macarelli, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, as the person responsible for responding to public records requests.
Ms. Macarelli may be contacted at 978-536-6500 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Peabody Public Schools District Central Administrative Offices are located at 27 Lowell Street, Peabody MA 01960
The duties of the Records Access Officer are established by statute and include:
- Coordinating the Peabody Public School District’s response to public records requests;
- Assisting individuals who seek records to identify the records sought;
- Assisting the custodian of records to preserve public records in accordance with the law;
- Preparing, posting online and periodically updating guidelines to enable the public to make
informed public records requests;
- Documenting, in compliance with c. 66 § 6A(e), specific information about each request
made for public records.
Please contact the Records Access Officer in writing regarding public records requests for documents pursuant to A Guide to the Massachusetts Public Records Law,
https://www.malegislature.gov/laws/sessionlaws/acts/2016/chapter121 as published by William Francis Galvin, Secretary of the Commonwealth. Records will generally be provided in
electronic format within 10 business days barring an exception. In this case the Records Access Officer will contact the requestor with an explanation for the delay and a good faith estimate of
any fees that may be charged for the production of the records and a reasonable timeframe for when the records will be provided, which generally will not exceed 25 business days from the
initial request. The appointed alternate RAO for the Peabody Public School District is Herbert W. Levine, Ph.D., Superintendent of Schools.
For questions or more information, please feel free to contact Marjorie Macarelli.