Peabody Public Schools Closure GuidelinesMarch 14, 2020
Good Afternoon Peabody Public Schools Students, Families, Faculty and Staff,
We thank you for your patience as our city and school leaders work out a plan that balances the safety of our community with future learning in our schools. As of this communication, and with an overabundance of caution, Peabody Public Schools will be closed for two weeks from Monday, 3/16 to Friday, 3/27 with the following contingencies:
For Faculty and Staff:
- Starting at 9:00 on Monday, 3/16 buildings will be open for teachers only to come in, pick up personal belongings and materials to plan and work remotely.
- There will be a brief, voluntary high school faculty meeting on Monday, 3/16 at 9:00 in the PVMHS auditorium followed by department meetings as needed.
- During this time, public health surveillance will continue for faculty and staff. If you experience any respiratory symptoms or fever, please report this information through the usual channels.
- All communications between and among students, families and their teachers should only take place through Aspen, Google or Class Dojo.
- For students in out of district placements, transportation will continue to be available as long as those facilities are open in their respective towns.
- Students and families may come to the schools between 10:00 and 2:00 on Monday, 3/16 to pick up essential items, personal belongings and medications as needed, or contact the principal for other arrangements.
The custodians will be cleaning the buildings during the next two weeks. At this time, we are planning a faculty and staff day on Friday, 3/27 in preparation for the return of our students on Monday, 3/30. In addition to Peabody Access Television, look for the official Peabody Public Schools Twitter and Facebook accounts for ongoing, credible information about our schools. Please continue to monitor your Aspen and Google gmail accounts closely in the coming days for additional information and guidance as it arises. Please continue to be safe, smart and mutually supportive.
Categorized in: District