Kindergarten Registration InformationMarch 8, 2019
Kindergarten Registration will be held at each school on the following dates:
Center School registers—March 12, 2019
Brown School registers—March 13, 2019
Carroll School registers—March 14, 2019
West School registers—March 15, 2019
McCarthy School registers—March 18, 2019
Burke School registers—March 19,2019
South School registers—March 20,2019
Welch School registers—March 21, 2019
If your child’s last name begins with the letters A to L, please come to register from 9:30AM to 11:30AM.
If your child’s last name begins with the letters M to Z, please come to register from 12:00PM to 2:00PM.
There will be no one in the Kindergarten Office to answer the phone and your questions from Tuesday-March 12th to Thursday-March 21st. We will be out at the eight elementary schools registering incoming kindergarten children. This means if you call us and leave a message, we will not be able to respond to you until Friday-March 22nd, after registration.
Here is some information for you that is typically what parents call and ask about regarding “K” registration:
1. If you did not receive a registration packet or lost the one we sent. You can print out the packet on the Peabody School website. It says it’s grade 1-12 registration and it is missing 3 sections that are included in the kindergarten packet. You can use this packet of forms for kindergarten registration and then get and fill out the 3 missing sections at registration. We will have the missing forms at registration. We will also have blank “K” registration packets at registration. You can fill it out there. It is lengthy, so be prepared. Also you will need to bring the following documents with you to register your child: their birth certificate–your driver’s license or other picture ID—2 proofs of residency–your child’s medical and immunization records (the 5 year old one if it’s already been done or the 4 year old records if 5 year physical has not yet taken place)
2. If you are not sure which neighborhood school is your, please go to any elementary school you know of on their registration day (dates by school are listed below and in the registration packet) and we will register your child and tell you which school is your neighborhood school.
3. If you can’t make it to your neighborhood school’s registration, please come to one of the other school’s registration days and we will register your child.
4. If you are suppose to come to register during the morning session and you can only make it during the afternoon session time slot, it’s okay to come then; and visa versa.
5. If you don’t have your child’s BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND 2 PROOFS OF RESIDENCY, WE CANNOT REGISTER your child for kindergarten. If you don’t have his/her medical information, please come to register and we will instruct you what to do next.
6. If you are applying for Open Enrollment, you MUST register at your neighborhood school, NOT the school you are requesting to open enroll to.
7. If you miss kindergarten registration entirely, please call the Kindergarten Office beginning the week of March 25th between 8:00AM and 2:00PM and we will assist you. The number is 978-536-6056.
8. Please review the information in your packet to help you complete the kindergarten registration process.