2019 Flu Vaccination Clinic InformationSeptember 14, 2019
Dear Parents/Guardians of Peabody Students,
This year the influenza virus is expected to be circulating in Massachusetts throughout the fall and winter and into the spring of next year. Influenza can cause serious illness and can result in missed days of school as well as missed days of work for parents. Vaccination is the best way to protect your child from this potentially serious disease. In order to ensure that every school-aged child in Peabody has the opportunity to receive the flu vaccine and to make it convenient for parents, we will be hosting school-based influenza clinics again this fall. The vaccination will be offered free of charge and regardless of insurance status to any student with parental consent during school hours.
A consent form and two Vaccine Information Statements were sent home.
- To accept the vaccination for your child, please fill out the front and back of the consent form with your child’s information. If you do not have insurance, your child can still get vaccinated – just leave the insurance area blank. You must then sign and date the form to accept the vaccination for your child and return it to the School Nurse by Friday, September 20, 2019.
- If you consent to vaccination, the vaccine will be given to your child in school. The specific dates for the flu clinics at each school are listed below. If your student is absent on that day, your child will not be vaccinated at school. Please follow up with your child’s pediatrician.
- If you do not return the required forms, the vaccination will not be give to your child.
Massachusetts has an electronic database called the Massachusetts Immunization Information System (MIIS) for all immunization records, and your child’s flu vaccination will be entered into this database.
If you have any questions about the MIIS, flu vaccine or the vaccination clinics, please do not hesitate to contact the Peabody Health Department at 978-538-5926.
Flu Vaccination Clinic Dates
- Wednesday, September 25: Higgins Middle School
- Tuesday, October 1: PVMHS
- Monday, October 7: Brown Elementary School
- Tuesday, October 8: Center Elementary School
- Tuesday, October 15: Carroll Elementary School
- Monday, October 21: McCarthy Elementary School
- Wednesday, October 23: South Elementary School
- Monday, October 28: West Elementary School
- Tuesday, October 29: Welch Elementary School
- Wednesday, November 6: Burke Elementary School
Flu clinics at each school will run for the entire school day
Categorized in: Brown Elementary, Burke Elementary, Carroll Elementary, Center Elementary, District, Higgins Middle School, McCarthy Elementary, PVMHS, South Elementary, Welch Elementary, West Elementary