Cosmetology is a program designed to prepare students for a career in the continually evolving field of the professional beauty technician. Students in the Cosmetology program learn the techniques necessary for a career in the beauty industry with a focus on how to develop a self-confident and professional attitude crucial for success in the trade.
Students learn the principle steps of performing facials, scalp treatments, haircuts, make up application, and nail services. Chemical services such as foiling, hair coloring, permanent waving and hair straightening are executed throughout the program. Hours spent learning and practicing these skills in our on-campus, full-service salon clinic are eligible to be recorded with the state once a student turns 15 years of age. Upon the completion of 1000 theory and practical hours, each student will have the opportunity to take the state board exam and receive a cosmetology license. The instructors in the Cosmetology program are committed to preparing students for a productive future in the field of Cosmetology. This is evident by the 100% student pass rate on the State Board Exam.
- Students earn state board licensing hours and gain real-world experience working in our on-site, full-service salon clinic.
- Students develop important communication skills, reasoning and problem-solving skills, customer service skills, and the ability to manage themselves, other people, time, and projects.
- Intensive curriculum encompassing all Massachusetts state frameworks and standards for Cosmetology.
- CERTIFICATIONS: Massachusetts State Board Licensing (1000 hours), Color Certification through Coastline Enterprise
- Makeup Artist
- Sales Representative
- Nail Care Specialist
- Massage Therapist
- Chemical Texture Specialist
- Hair Extension Technician
- Skin Care Specialist
- Make-up Artist