Response to Intervention
All Title I Schools are committed to implementing all core principals of RTI
Under RTI, if a student is found to be performing well below peers, the school will:
1. Estimate the academic skill gap between the student and typically performing peers
2. Determine the likely reason(s) for the student’s depressed academic performance
3. Select a scientifically based intervention likely to improve the student's academic functioning and create a personal literacy plan designed to meet needs.
4. Monitor academic progress frequently to evaluate the impact of the intervention
5. If the student fails to respond to several well-implemented interventions, consider a referral to Special Education